Monday, December 28, 2009

Avatar


Watched Avatar in 3D yesterday.
I was never planning to watch it but then everyone was saying it was really GOOD.
And they were right, it was awesome.
It just takes you to a new world and it's so epic!
Although, I wouldn't watch it twice.
It's just not one of movies where you can watch again and again.

But I find it interesting that the director, James Cameron, started writing the script 15 years ago:

"Avatar had been in development since 1994 by Cameron, who wrote a 114-page scriptment for the film. Filming was supposed to take place after the completion of Titanic, and the film would have been released in 1999, but according to Cameron, "technology needed to catch up" with his vision of the film. In early 2006, Cameron developed the script, the language, and the culture of Pandora. He has stated that if Avatar is successful, two sequels to the film are planned."

Yay, parts 2 and 3!

Anyways, I'm never going to go to Hoyts Cinema ever again. The line up was so long and we missed the previews! I know, previews are nothing, but this is 3D. The large popcorn & coke combo is so expensive too. $15 compared to Greater Union's $10. And they only have 2 categories - Child & Adult, whereas Greater Union has Child, Student & Adult. And I'm not classified as an adult yet. So basically, I paid $4.50 extra and I spent $55 in total since I bought Adam's ticket and a combo.

Never again.

No comments: