Sunday, October 11, 2009

Holidays! Celebrate!

Exams are over. Holidays have begun.
A week ago.
Yes, I haven't been updating this damn blog.
'Cause haven't you heard?
Exams are over! Holidays have begun!

So obviously, I've been doing amazing, exciting things during my absence.

No, I'm lying.
I've done utterly nothing.
Except...
Play mahjong, eat, laze around Adam's house, play games on Face
book, watch movies, read.
Yeah, that's abouttttt it.

But I have to say, mahjong takes you on an oh, so amazing adventure.
And I don't mean this solitaire-pyramid type one:


I'm talkin' 'bout the real shit:
Guess which one I am.

It's a game for the 'pros':


And we all know Wikipedia is always reliable.

But it really is addictive.
In fact, I played last night.

And I was declared the champion.
(Thank you, thank you)

Oh, so I watched Up last week. IN 3D!
Damn right I did!

But the annoying thing was I had to wear the 3D glasses over my normal glasses, so it kept slipping off my nose.
And it gets smudged with fingerprints so badly.
But it was worth the suffering.
'Cause it was awesome!
Seriously, if you haven't watched it yet, GO NOW!


Look at the chubby, Korean kid.
It's funny already.

I watched G-Force too. IN 3D!
It was about guinea pigs.
Does that sound amusing?
Well, it wasn't.
'Cause they were special agents.
Wtfsicles.

Anyway, I wanted to get into reading again before I get busy with year 12 'cause I know I won't have any time.
I haven't read a book since last year.
That may not seem long to some, but it is to me.
And that book was Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer.
I haven't even finished it yet.
Just waiting 'til the movie comes out then I'll start reading.
'Cause I know I'll forget what the book is about and I'd like to know before I watch the movie so I can compare and criticize the movie's take on the book (I know, I'm mean).
Just like Harry Potter!
Yes, I was very disappointed with the HP movies, but you just can't blame 'em.
They have a budget to meet and no one would want to sit through a 6 hour movie. (I wouldn't mind though).

So, I bought a book the other day.
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.
I know, it's practically a crime for me not to read this worldwide bestseller novel yet.
I've watched the movie twice, and I liked it.
The story is so mindboggling. I love it.
And I have a thing for conspiracies. It's just so interesting.
And this story is full of it.
But as I'm reading it, I'm getting confused with the sequence of events and the information between the movie and the book.
Yeah.
They changed the book cover too.
I prefer the original one, but at least we can see what the "cryptex" and Louvre Pyramid looks like.

Books are quite expensive though - $20+.
But I'd rather own it than borrow from the library.
I don't know what to read next.
There's so many great books out there, I don't know where to start.
Do you guys have any recommendations?
I'm open to all genres, 'cept maybe sci-fi and horror, lol.

Anyway, there is only one more week left 'til I'm faced with pressure and all the other ugly things.
I'm talking about year 12.
This is practically my last holiday as all the remaining holidays in year 12 will be filled with studying.
And that's no holiday to me.
So I should make use of it while I can.
Yes, the shops are calling out to me.

No comments: