Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cashmere/Centrelink

I won a $100 gift card for Banjo & Matilda's online store from SHOP magazine.
I've never heard of this brand, but as you know, winning anything is exciting for me, especially if it's a $100 gift card!
So as excited as I was, I hopped on the site in hopes to use the gift card well, but my hopes were surely destroyed.
Everything was over $300 - which is really not a budget of an unemployed-highschool-girl-who's-only-income-is-from-youth-allowance
.

The cheapest thing on there was this:
A travel set of a pillow, eye mask and blanket for only $279.
Yup, only.
Their whole collection is made of 100% cashmere which is from goats (yes, I had to google that) so I guess it justifies why it's so expensive?
I guess I won't be using that gift card now.


Speaking of youth allowance - well, a few sentences ago - I think my school has cancelled it since I wasn't attending school on a regular basis (c'mon, it was only 3 weeks!).
I'm not really sure though.
The school hasn't directly told me and I don't want to ask them because that's silly.
My sister and dad told me they did but I don't know.
I don't know how to check either, besides bank statements and internet banking.
But I don't know when I'll be getting my bank statement in the mail.
And my internet banking account is locked since I had too many failed attempts at my password.
So I will probably have to call them up, ask for a new password then I'll be able to check.

If it really is cancelled, then fuck me.
I seriously hate going to Centrelink- the long lines and the snobby people.
I'll have to make two trips as well, maybe three.
The first to get the forms, the second to check over the forms and maybe the third if I forget any documents.
I don't like filling in forms online either because it's just a hassle.

And I'll have to do this ASAP, because I'll be wasting $$$ if I don't.
And I can't afford to waste any money since I'm broke as right now and there's my boyf's formal.

Anyway, I better get back to my society & culture assignment.
It's such a pain in the ass.

No comments: